Main Street Committee
Main Street Committee Upcoming Agenda
Ouray Main Street District Boundary
- 05.25.2023: There is a recently launched new ERA program with a maximum of $5M project. ($$$)! This FOA (attached) utilizes a simplified application process and will award fixed-amount grants. This grant mechanism significantly reduces financial reporting requirements associated with larger DOE awards. Recipients are responsible for accomplishing their proposed work. There is no cost match associated with this program. Click here for more information. Click here for a video presentation.
- 05.22.2023: Press Release: DOLA Announces The Designation Of Ouray & Silverton As Main Street Communities
- 03.22.2023: The City of Ouray submitted its complete Main Street Candidate Application on March 10, 2023. We should hear from the state by the end of May regarding our status. CLICK HERE to view a copy of the initial application. Slight changes were made after a review with DOLA to comply with ADA regulations on the Strategic Plan and the Work Plan. These documents will be updated at a later time and will not hinder the advisory board review.
Main Street Information from DOLA
The Colorado Main Street Program offers support for community-led downtown revitalization. We help communities thrive by providing a customizable framework to focus efforts, energy, and resources to create a more vibrant community. Proven revitalization strategies and needed organization help communities identify and leverage opportunities and resources. By focusing on current community strengths and assets, the Colorado Main Street Program is a catalyst to move you forward, one step at a time.
The Colorado Main Street Program is customizable, accessible, and holistic.
- Framework to help focus your efforts, not a specific list of tasks for completion
- Support to create a roadmap that builds on your community’s unique strengths
- Leverage current leaders and efforts to build a sustainable foundation
- Action items evolve as your community needs change
- Start small based on capacity, and then work through an incremental process
- Support and trainings are available at every step along the way
- Align community assets, volunteers, and support to work toward a common goal
- Ongoing series of initiatives builds community support and create lasting progress
- A full suite of support services to revitalize your downtown
Main Street Reinvestment Statistics from DOLA
The past few years have been challenging ones for downtowns across the nation due to the global pandemic; however, local Main Street programs responded with increased support and technical assistance, as reflected in Colorado Main Streets’ publication, The Main Thing.
Colorado Main Street, as DOLA’s premier rural development community program continued to support our communities to coalesce funding, data and information, and technical assistance to support vibrant downtowns statewide. The reinvestment statistics, reported quarterly, demonstrate the impact of community efforts in tandem with the customizable, accessible, and holistic services from the program.
For additional information or questions about the Main Street Program please use the contact form below:
Communications & Community Engagement Coordinator - Autumn Bailey (Main Street Coordinator)